Thursday 10 March 2011

Its hard when...

You get a good grade and you feel awesome then you go up to a friend who says they failed everything. You can't say anything, I think my exact words were 'oh...are you alright?'

And you cant mention your grades then as that will just make them feel worse, so you stand in silence until you walk away out of awkwardness.

So what do you do when that happens? Because I sure dont know. I think the best thing is just to leave them alone for their best friends to chat with them. And if you are the best friend then treat everyone differently, if they want to go into a room by themselves and watch videos and make jokes and laugh for a bit, e.g. 'The ones who like to forget' then do that.

If they want a big feeling filled chat then i would do the private room thing too, just incase prying ears who are annoying (you know who you are) some over and instantly take things back to square one with a 'oh you failed that? I got a B' And the tears come.

Best to hug it out and mention all the good things about them and what they can do to help next time. Or even just let them cry it out.

Sadly i didnt have a best friend this results day (well i did but not in the room with me) so I sat in a room cradling my A and smiled silently to myself, not being able to do a jumpy happy dance due to the whole 'everyone else failed' thing.

Just wanted to get that off my chest

Oh and Dragon age II is coming out tomorrow!!! gah, awesome.

And my novel is coming along wonderfully. should be finished soon :D cheer me on small gang of followers and I will cheer you on too.

Love you all (but not in that  way)

From me.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the grade! Always be proud of your accomplishments. If you find you can't shout them from the rooftops where you are because of someone else's failures, find somewhere you can. :)

    I have been presented with an award and I wanted to pass it on to you! Enjoy! http://christykatemckenzie.blogspot.com/2011/06/irresistably-sweet-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete