Friday 28 January 2011

Awesomeness

You know those 'Yay' moments? well I'm having one right now :D

Well, I had the actual moment a few days ago, but I had a good day today so the actual 'moment'  has created the 'yay moment' of today... if that makes sense.

Well a few days ago me and my sister were getting ready for school and we put our bags in our little red KA and closed the boot. We then realised that...we had locked both sets of keys in the car. Dont ask me how, i dont even know, it must have been some sort of brain fart moment or something :P

Anywhoo, we realised after a while of freaking out that one of the doors nearest to the brick wall of our house was open. It wasnt a big enough gap to get in the car but we realised that, if we found a way to roll down the window that we could climb in and open the boot through the back seats.

We ummed and ahhhd about how to do it before becky (my sister) said, in a moment of pure genius

"Get a pole and something to pull it back up"

This was after i had tried and failed to open the window via a whisk attached to a hook. It was now lying inside the car.

Anywhoo, we grabbed a copper pole from the garage and a hook attatched to a stretchy cord. we then pushed and pulled the (luckily) manual window opener handle...thing. thank god it wasnt electric. then we would have been stuffed.

We managed to open the window and becky then lifted me up and pushed me through the window (dont worry, that was the plan, it wasnt like 'surprise! Jump in!') And i hit my face on the handbrake. and then my leg.

It was fun.

Anyway, we managed to open the boot and get our bags out in a triumphant moment of glory and painful leg bruises.

Mum (who was previously calling us 'idiots' for locking the keys in) was now almost rolling on the floor laughing at the story and gave me a hug.

Dads words were even more funny, he said 'Well, now you definitley belong here ( our town is a bit chavvy), you can break into cars!"

And that is what is making me laugh today, i hope it gave you a good giggle too.

Now onto eating some decidedly scrummy chocolate bon bons.

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment